This was a fun recipe to share on the Charlotte Today Show in June! If you have followed along on my Instagram or facebook page (@TheTableFix) then you already know that my husband is from a Popcorn Farm! Yes such a thing exists! (You can jump over to Instagram and I've saved a Story called "Popcorn" for you to watch a behind the scenes of this operation!)
Popcorn is a loved food in our family. Most nights we cook it in coconut oil and simply use sea salt... but occasionally I feel like dressing it up a bit more and creating some more interest! This recipe below is a winner for kids, teenagers and adults alike. I've made this to satisfy my kid's cravings and I've thrown it together in a pretty bowl, garnished with fresh rosemary and served it as an appetizer at a dinner party on my Charcuterie Board. (It was a crowd favorite!)
As cheese lovers, we have always made it with fresh parmesan! If that doesn't sit well with you, you can omit it and it's still delicious!
Rosemary, Sea Salt & Olive Oil Popcorn
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil (high quality)
3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Sea Salt, to taste
Prepared Popcorn (Cooked the way you like)
Optional: Fresh Grated Parmesan
- Add EVOO to small saucepan with 1-2 sprigs Rosemary and garlic. Heat on medium heat until 250 degrees and continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- While your EVOO, rosemary & garlic are infusing, make your popcorn. (We use a Stir Crazy and cook the popcorn in Avocado Oil.)
- Remove rosemary and garlic from the cooled EVOO.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the popcorn, add sea salt and fresh parmesan and toss to combine. Continue tossing and coating until popcorn is consistently flavored to desired taste.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and devour immediately.