This week for #datenightin we’re preparing a savory charcuterie board. We promised to keep it light weight and interesting from week to week and this board will look like you had it catered and take you under 15 minutes to put together.
Here’s what you need.
- Cypress Farms Purple Haze (I’ve seen it in specialty cheese stores and many grocery stores. Picture below)
- Manchego (You can find pre-sliced at Trader Joe’s and other stores.)
- Aged cheddar (Slice into rectangles or squares.)
- Proscuitto (Tune in to our Instagram on Friday and I’ll show you how I “ribbon fold” it)
- Salami (If your husband is a big meat eater, offer two types.)
- Firehook crackers (The best! They are the long crackers in the photo and I’ve seen them by most cheese sections.)
- Wafer Crisps
- Fig Crisps (Found in Trader Joe’s, Target and grocery stores)
- Garnish with fresh thyme
Optional add ons:
- Sliced apple or pear (tastes wonderful with Manchego)
- Dried apricots
- For easy clean up, crinkle up and spread open parchment or cheese paper on top of your board.
- Place your cheese on first and space them out... but not too far. (Keep in mind that when you’re finished you’ll want all your food to delicately touch.)
- Fill in with the other charcuterie and accoutrements.
- Add nuts and dried fruits last as you can fill in the “holes” that are left.
- Finally, add the garnish! Bright, fresh herbs add so much visually.
Now pour a drink, grab your person, put your phones away and enjoy #datenightin together.
Remember to follow along on Instagram! I’ll show more behind the scenes of how we execute and pull this off. We’re so excited to do this with you! Tag us and show us how your date nights are going!