We’re back with another week of #datenightin!
February's dragging and Charlotte feels like Minnesota which means this week I'm craving comfort food. We’re keeping it the right amount of light and delicious with our girl Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi served with roasted brocollini and a simple salad. Prep some of this simple favorite ahead to make Friday a breeze.
Ina Garten’s Shrimp Scampi
Ingredients and recipe here. Fresh seafood is best from a market or higher end grocery store. We sourced our shrimp from a local Charlotte boutique fish market THAT DELIVERS to a wide range of zip codes. To get more information you can email: Shop@CatchOnSeafood.com and tell them we sent ya!
- Clean and trim your broccolini, dry with a paper towel
- Drizzle with avocado oil, season with salt and pepper
- Stick in the oven with the Shrimp Scampi at 425 for 10 minutes.
Simple Side Salad
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- 1 mini cucumber-sliced
- 2 radishes- sliced
- 2 Artichoke (I bought the marinated jar from Trader Joe’s
- 4 mini tomatoes- quartered
- Fresh Parmesan
- Dressing: Drizzle with good Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, Salt & Pepper to taste.
For dessert, we’re making things easy with coconut layer cake from Cafe Monte, a lovely local spot. I’ve got their coconut layer cake on my mind -- the perfect subtle sweetness to round off the pasta.
A crisp white will compliment the bold buttery shrimp. We've selected this bright and clean crafted Chardonnay, otherwise a Sauvignon Blanc or white blend will pair well.
Night Ahead Prep (Optional)
Make Friday night simple with this 20 minute prep the night before.
- Clean, trim, and dry broccolini. Refrigerate overnight.
- Follow shrimp scampi recipe instructions to prepare butter mixture and refrigerate overnight.
There you have it! Text your significant other to tell them that date night is planned and let’s have fun!
Remember to follow along on Instagram! I’ll show more behind the scenes of how we execute and pull this off in our home each week. We’re so excited to do this with you! Tag us and show us how this is going down with your person!